Saturday, May 14, 2005

Crimes of the Century

I actually believe this very important article by David Michael Green, a professor of political science, titled Stop the Crime of the Century is misnamed. I'd title it The Second Crime of the Century.

What was the first you ask?

9/11.

And not because I believe 19 hijackers, acting in accord with a former CIA guy named Usama, or Osama, were the sole, if at all, perpetrators of 9/11.

Why would I say that?

(Please give my answer a chance before you call me a traitor, tell me to go to France, or call Homeland Security.)

An easy place to begin would be checking out a transcript of David Ray Griffin's talk regarding government complicity in 9/11. If you're only familiar with the "official" version of 9/11 you might be in for a surprise. If so, please suspend your disbelief, read (or listen via many different internet links) to the talk Mr. Griffin, theologian and author, gave to University of Wisconsin students on the 18th of April and which was telecast via CSPAN2 on April 30th and May 7th (way to go CSPAN!). If, after reading the transcript, your interest is sufficiently piqued--and it should be--this will only be the beginning of your trip down a very interesting, and disturbing, rabbit hole.

Let me know if you need any directions for the journey. I'd be happy to supply you with a variety of credible links.

Ditto what Mr. Green suggests, except let's add an s to the end of crime so that we can really get the job done right.

...........................................................................................

Decided to look up the lyrics to Supertramp's Crime of The Century. Seem especially appropriate to include here. I love Supertramp by the way. And I think my all time favorite song might be School.

Crime of the Century, by Supertramp

Now they're planning the crime of the century
Well what will it be?
Read all about their schemes and adventuring
It's well worth a fee
So roll up and see
And they rape the universe
How they've gone from bad to worse
Who are these men of lust, greed, and glory?
Rip off the masks and let's see.
But that's no right - oh no, what's the story?
There's you and there's me
That can't be right

No comments: